Monday, February 17, 2014

Screamin about Expectations

Do we have unreal expectations on people in our lives or even on ourselves? Do we ask too much from other people or should we even have some kind of expectations with people in our lives? Should we not expect anything from anybody? I don't know the answers to any of these questions, but I know that when I have people in my life I do expect something from them or I wouldn't want them in my life. But to expect anything from some else is that too much to ask for. Is that a set up for hurt feelings? I can't let people around me act anyway they want can I? I have to have some boundaries and over the years I've had to learn what those boundaries are. It's been a lot of hard learning experiences to learn what I need from people. I've had to let people go out of my life because we couldn't agree that my boundaries mattered. But what about family we usually can't just let them go. How do we honor our own expectations and let them be them? And how do we know the difference between someone's actions being part of their personality or just some bad act that they do without thinking. And if someone acts completely unacceptable to you and they happen to be family members how do you draw a line? These are questions that have come up at different times in my life and it has always been difficult to deal with. Usually it comes down to a confortation with the other person and I hate confortation. I guess each person has a different answer to the question of expectation of others. I know some people who allow anybody to walk all over them and never say a thing about it. And then there's those whose expectations are so high that nobody ever could live up to them. Then there's the reason why we have expectations. Is it because we want people to like us or is it because we don't want to let people get close so we build up a wall that no one can get thru.This is a subject that really can't be answered, especially in one blog. I'm sure I'll come back to this subject in other blogs. Maybe in the comments section you can leave a comment on how you feel about expectations, but I'm not putting any expectations on you!!😃 So today I'm screaming out, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??!! Thank you for listening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment