Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Screamin about Silence

I thought that title was amusing!! I don't know if I ever get to truly have silence. With my family, the phone, the TV, the radio in the car, people out in public, and if I am completely alone then I have self talk in my head. Thinking about all the stuff I need to do, worrying about one thing or another. I always have some kind of noise going on. Even when I sleep I have dreams. So really when is there complete silence. I don't know if I would even like too much silence. I'm not one of those people who need people around all the time and I don't think I need total silence either. In fact I really don't like to be around lots of people especially when I'm at in my comfort zone like being at home. So I don't know if silence is something I really need. There are some people who go out in the middle of no where to try to find something that they may call silence, but I don't think it's a destination. I think if you really want silence, I don't think that's what your really looking for. I think it's more like peace that's what people seek when they think it's silence they need. I think we can find forms of peace anywhere, in the middle of a mall on Christmas Eve, even. I believe we have to learn how to feel peace. It's not easy, but it's simple to learn. And it's different for each person. I am still learning, but I am finding  glimpses of it. It's a content feeling and I finally have it after many years of feeling like something was wrong, like I was never doing what I was suppose to do. And It can't be forced or fake. I believe it truly hit me when I truly realized that GOD  was there. I always have had GOD in my life and in my head, but when I had that 2 foot drop of GOD being in my head to GOD being in my heart is when I could really feel content. So that's my SCREAM for the day!! Thank you for listening....  

No comments:

Post a Comment